Wednesday 16 March 2011

Grrrrr.....students!

Once upon a time, a former professor told me that they teach to the first two rows. I always thought that this was  the result of being jaded and bitter. I guess I can now be called jaded and bitter.
I have one of my classes where it seems that most of the students just don't give a crap, and then wonder why they do poorly. They talk in class, and then complain. They make out in class, and complain. And those are the ones who show up. I give them notes, I tell them what's on their tests-all they have to do is show up to class , pay attention and review their notes. Apparently, this is too much to ask of people. People complain that tests are too hard, 'it's not fair' blah, blah blah blah. I just have to remember that I do have good students, ones that care-in my case, the ones in the first four rows. Those are the students worth going the extra mile for. The rest can just bite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment