Sunday 27 February 2011

But I wanted pancakes, g-dammit!

So Sunday mornings are a day for pancakes-usually. I was looking forward to some fluffy, butter and maple syrup laden goodness, when my boyfriend decided that we should have smoothies. Now don't get me wrong-he is a sweetheart for suggesting it as he knows I am trying to eat healthier ( read diet), and lose some stubborn grad school weight. Which brings me to this whole 'weighty' subject. I have always been a 'solid' girl, and I gain weight easily. Also, like many women I have major body image issues-mine mostly stem from years of figure skating, where despite being fit, I was always deemed overweight (read 'fat'). However, now that I am closer to 40 than 30, with arthritic knees (another gift form skating) and weight slowly creeping into obese territory, I figure it's time to try and lose weight. Of course, now you aren't supposed to say 'diet', it's 'healthy lifestyle', but let's face it, weekly poutine and beers are out of the question now.
The smoothie isn't bad, actually. But I still want pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment